Sunday, March 11, 2012

Perception

I am officially working TWO count them, TWO day a week now. One as a nanny, and one at the cafe. Today was my second cafe shift since Orin entered the world. Cam is out of town for work, so the little man spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa. Despite my worry, everything went without a hitch. O man was a happy little camper for the sitters, and I was not a wreck at work.

We have a lot of young couples that come into the cafe. Today I felt like the place was packed with adorable babies. I was in heaven! I realized today while looking into the sea of babies that all those parents are just like me and Cam. As an outsider, it looks like these people have it all together. They have a plan, a system, and are calm and relaxed. When I know for experience that on the inside that is not the case in the slightest. Most days I feel like I'm hanging on by my boot straps! There is no plan, only a slight system that works some days, and I'm pretty sure the only time I'm calm and relaxed is in my sleep. It was such an epiphany to realize this today. At least we look like we have it together! No book, story, website, or class can ever prepare you for parenthood, but somehow we all make it through. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment